A disorganized workplace can be overwhelming to work in and can hinder your productivity. A neat workplace, on the other hand, helps you focus better and rids you of the stress and anxiety that comes with cluttered spaces. That is why the home office organization ideas we will discuss here below are essential. We will help you develop an organizational system for your home office: A system for arranging your paperwork, equipment, digital space, and the surrounding environment. Here we go:
1) Rearrange items on your desk
Start with the desk because it is your core workstation. To have a neat desk, you need to get rid of the accessories/items that you no longer use- or that you rarely use. These include to-do lists or jot notes that you are already done with, old pens, redundant file holders or trays, faulty desk lamps, cups, and desk clocks, among others. While at it, get holders for your pens and highlighters and a container for your binder clips.
Once you have dealt with the clutter problem, you can then glam your desk with:
- Noteholders that bear uplifting messages to encourage you through the day.
- Low-maintenance plants like cactus, aloe, spider plant, lemon balm, or a snake plant. The beauty of houseplants is known to reduce work-related anxiety.
- Colorful magnets for holding your pins.
- Decorative bookends for your diary and other books.
- Acquire laptop and keyboard stands, preferably those with ergonomic designs, to boost your comfort. It is easier to maintain a neat desk when you are comfortable than when you have to strain your back to reach your keyboard.
2) Add shelves to your space
Shelves help you to optimally utilize the vertical space in your home office. They are particularly important for people whose line of work involves lots of paperwork, or those whose home office doubles up as the library. It is easier to locate files, binders, and books when they are well organized on an open or compartmentalized shelf. What’s more, your artifacts, professional and academic certificates, books, and memorabilia will look better on a shelf display than on the floor or a desk drawer.
- For a permanent home office, it is best that you convert an entire wall into a series of shelves. The shelves will not only give you additional storage space but they will also bring some décor value to your home. This idea can be pricey because it requires major home remodeling. You can create the shelves on your own, but it is best that you hire remodeling contractors for better results.
- For a temporary office, say a corner in your living room, freestanding shelving units would be okay. They are portable for easy furniture reorganization, come in different colors to enhance your interior décor, and can fit even in small spaces.
3) Be creative with your houseplants
We already mentioned that houseplants can be great additions to a home office. They, however, can clutter your tiny office if not well organized. You can avoid that by choosing plant sizes that fit your space: Don’t go for wide plants if your floor space is small or tall plants if your home has a low ceiling. You also can:
- Create a table centerpiece by placing a mix of greenery and florals on a small table as opposed to scattering flowers all over the space.
- Hang drapery plants (e.g. Devil’s ivy or Philodendron) above the window. That adds color to your window without consuming any floor space.
- Create a lush jungle vibe in one corner by using curated cluster planters.
- Suspend plants from the ceiling.
4) Set up a command center
This station serves as your base of operations for your home office. Some of the essential components of a command center include a printer, staplers, paper punch, a calendar, file holders, and a corkboard. A neat center should have a single table that holds all your essential items.
5) File all your paperwork
E-filing may have made filing easier and faster, but it hasn’t entirely replaced analog, physical paperwork. It is pertinent that you sort and file away all your paperwork and label the files for easy access. This approach might seem like an outdated trick but it will help you stay orderly. Meanwhile, you can discard paperwork that you have stored digitally to avoid keeping duplicate files.
6) Conceal electrical cords
On top of making your home office look disorganized, hanging electrical cords can be harmful especially to toddlers and pets. Hold them using cable mounts and, whenever possible, run them behind the desk and other big furniture. Ensure that you’ve sorted them out by identifying how many they are, how long they are, and where they come from before fastening them together.
Organizing a home office is not rocket science. The trick is to identify the items that are cluttering your space and arrange them properly. With these ideas, you will create a pristine work environment that will improve your efficiency while you work from home. Now go ahead and tidy up your space!
5 Business Laws Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know
Why you Should Keep Up with the Latest Web-to-Print Technology
Dedicated Resource Model: A Cost Effective Way to High End Development Solution!
Create a free Online food ordering system to benefit restaurants
Video Marketing Tips For YouTube Channel
How To Make Your Living Room Cozier During Winter
3 Strategies To Manage Chronic Pain From Home
Types of Virtual Events To Try In 2021
IT Security Audit by IFGICT Standard
ICT Standard by IFGICT
Advices from Multi-Millionaire CEO and Entrepreneur, Anthony Nuara
Top 10 Social Media Sites for Business
Furnishing Your Home? How to Get the Best Deals
Get your hands on the trendiest range of pet accessories on ‘The Fluffy Paws’.
Creating Millions In Passive Income For His Clients with Louis Albanese
Late Paying Clients Hurting Your Cash Flow? Read Tips to Make Clients Pay You Promptly
Using WordPress Development Services for Website Design
IT Security Audit by IFGICT Standard
ICT Standard by IFGICT
Polychain Capital’s Tekin Salimi Discuss New Deal With Clover Finance
Health & Fitness2 months ago
FightPandemics, the platform that matches volunteers and people in need during public health crises
Finance2 months ago
How QuickBooks Dominates Small Business Accounting?
Business2 weeks ago
Read on to know how record label Cafe De Anatolia is growing strong.
Finance1 month ago
A Comprehensive Guide on How to Develop a Banking App in 2021
Travel2 months ago
Traveling for Work? Here are 5 Useful Tips for Entrepreneurs to Boost Productivity While Traveling
Computers & IT2 months ago
What are the Best Use Cases of AngularJS Framework?
Lifestyle2 months ago
How to Create a Perfect Work-Life Balance
Home Improvement2 months ago
Why Choose Circuit Breakers Instead of Fuses?