There has been a sea change in the shopping habits of people in recent times. Shoppers used to buy products once a week or at the end of every month in the past. However, fear and uncertainty have gripped the minds of customers today.
This has resulted in them accumulating all household essentials for several months in advance as a precaution against venturing out amid the rapid spread of Covid-19.
The online grocery delivery industry has taken off big time in America, and it is expected to generate humongous sales of $59.5 billion by 2023. While players like Amazon Fresh, FreshDirect, Shipt, and Walmart were dominating this industry a few years ago, the onslaught of the Covid-19 pandemic saw a new leader emerge in the form of Instacart.
It is valued at a whopping $39 billion and sells 500 million products across 5500 cities in Canada and the USA. Instacart employs a fleet of delivery executives who are categorized as either full-time or part-time shoppers, and order fulfilment can be done by them within just 1 or 2 hours.
In the future, revenue from online grocery ordering and delivery platforms will overtake physical stores as more people shop through digital platforms. This is a big opportunity for entrepreneurs as the “See and Touch” purchasing habit has been replaced by the “Click and Collect” phenomenon.
Due to Covid-19 and due to the strict government regulations, most of the department stores and supermarkets are shut down. As a result, a large volume of orders is received by grocery retailers who sell their products on platforms like Instacart.
Entrepreneurs planning to get a stronghold in the booming e-grocery market can initiate Instacart clone app development by getting in touch with a competent app development company.
Customized and readily deployable online grocery delivery solutions will be created in no time. It comprises smoothly working Android and iOS apps for the customers, delivery personnel and retailers, an advanced web panel, and a modern admin dashboard.
How does an app like Instacart make online grocery ordering and delivery easy?
- The users register – on the Instacart clone app by submitting the required information like email address and phone number. They can also start ordering products quickly by integrating their Google and Facebook accounts on the online platform.
- The delivery executives create a profile – on an app like Instacart. They opt to work either full time or part-time and share details of their working hours and location.
- The admin approves the membership – of new customers by verifying their data. They also accept the registration of delivery personnel after scrutinizing their background and documents.
- The customers can order – any product they wish. A variety of alcohol, beverages, beauty care items, bakery products, dairy products, frozen food, fruits, household essentials, office supplies, seafood, vegetables, and organic products are sold at economical prices.
- They can add all the required items – to their shopping cart to process the orders.
- The shoppers can make the needed payment – via Apple Pay, credit cards, debit cards, Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), Google Pay, and UnionPay.
- The admin immediately informs the closest delivery executives – to arrive at the retail store to pick up the order.
- The delivery personnel takes the order – and reaches the users’ location quickly by utilizing the route optimization mechanism integrated with Apple Maps or Google Maps.
- They hand over the required groceries – directly to the customers.
- The shoppers can rate the quality – of the products on a scale of 1-5. They can also share feedback about the professionalism and behaviour of the delivery executives.
The distinct aspects of the Instacart clone app that entrepreneurs can use to stay ahead of the competition in the market are
Instacart Express Membership – The entrepreneurs earn a consistent source of revenue by providing monthly and yearly subscription plans to the customers as part of Instacart Express. It offers numerous benefits like free door delivery, exclusive access to the launch of new products on the online grocery platform, and lower prices of goods.
Instacart Ads – A Revenue per Click (RPC) model is imposed for retailers who make use of Instacart Ads service to increase their sales. The grocery retailers need to pay only for impactful and well-performing advertisements that have a great reach with their target audience. The various advantages are a greater return on investment, faster checkout by the shoppers resulting in increased sales, a better brand reputation, and real-time tracking of the effectiveness of the campaigns.
Exclusive partnerships with popular retailers – The entrepreneurs can fetch huge sales by teaming up with big retailers like Walmart, 7-Eleven, and Vitamin Shoppe. They have full freedom to add any number of retailers according to the business requirements. The entrepreneurs can tie up with bakeries, liquor stores, poultry shops, supermarkets, and wholesale markets.
What are the various factors that determine the total budget of Instacart Clone App Development?
- The type of tech stack utilized by the mobile app developers and the website designers to build the front-end and back-end of an app like Instacart. It includes programming languages like Java, Kotlin, Python, and Swift and other tools and platforms like AngularJS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Flink, Apple Push Notifications (APN), Google Analytics, Google Maps API, Mailchimp, MongoDB, Node.js, and Twilio.
- The hourly or monthly rate paid to the developers and other team members for availing of their services. It differs depending on their location and skill-set.
- The development duration that is taken by the app development company (either a few weeks or a couple of months).
- Cross-platform compatibility as the Instacart clone app needs to work seamlessly across Android, iOS, macOS, Web, and Windows operating systems for all the stakeholders.
- The extent of complexity in the features (basic and advanced) in an app like Instacart.
- Third-party API integration with live chatbots and payment gateways.
- Additional expenses for testing the app’s performance, speed, and vulnerabilities.
- The level of customization needed by the business firm as it would want to display its brand name and logo on the Instacart clone app.
- Extra costs for bug-fixing, maintenance, technical support, and acquiring software licenses for the original source code.
As seen above, the business of online grocery ordering and delivery is flourishing now in various economies. It will grow stronger in the years to come and help entrepreneurs to fulfil their business objectives successfully and also create lots of jobs.
An app like Instacart can effectively adapt to the different changes in the market by suitably altering its business model and style of functioning. Hence, entrepreneurs can play a strategic role in the future of the online retail industry by curating the Instacart clone soon by partnering with a reputed app development company in the market soon.