As our lives are getting hectic day by day, we all wish to do more in less time. We all want to burn more calories in a short time and also to keep them burning even after the workout is over. The best way to do it is the HIIT running routine. HIIT running workout is perfect for all levels of runners. It will help you step up your fitness regime, lose weight, and even become faster.
All About The Lifestyle is a magazine that offers beneficial and valuable tips for guiding you towards a healthier lifestyle. If you already have a running habit but don’t do high-intensity training, you are missing out.
HIIT workouts are a great way to see your desired results faster. Also, depending on your workout, you will quickly see some differences in your stamina and speed. HIIT is also known for improving your endurance. So, let’s get started and see what HIIT is and how to get started.
What is HIIT?
HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) is a type of training where you do a short burst of high-intensity activity with rest intervals in between. There are many forms of HIIT exercise such as bodyweight exercises, spin sessions, CrossFit, swimming, and running.
Any exercise can be HIIT when followed the routine –
- Doing the exercise with 30-40% of your maximum effort
- Pushing yourself harder with 80-90% of your maximum effort
- Repeating this routine four more times.
HIIT workouts are for 30 minutes, which makes them an efficient way to burn more calories and improve endurance in a short amount of time. HIIT helps you to up your running game and your overall health.
During the rest interval, your body renews its strength and gets able to start again at the maximum energy level.
What are the Health Benefits of HIIT?
Not only HIIT saves time, but it is also a great way to get in shape. The HIIT running routine can improve your health in 3 main ways.
- Weight Loss – Journal of Obesity has found that the participants who did HIIT workouts lost more fat than participants who did cardio.
Many studies have discussed that interval training helps burn more calories than a steady workout.
- Reducing Blood Sugar – HIIT has been shown to reduce blood sugar. It improves your body’s ability to use glucose in your body.
- Heart Health – HIIT, like all cardiovascular exercises, helps with overall heart health. But HIIT does this in less time compared to traditional endurance training.
HIIT Running Workout for Beginners
This routine is suitable for beginners. After a while, you can increase the intensity and add other exercises.
- Warm-up for 5 minutes
- Sprint or Run for 30 seconds
- Jog for 60 seconds
- Repeat five times
- Jog for 5 minutes to cool down
Feel free to change the number of reps according to your stamina. Experiment with your workout, and it will be more fun for you. Also, keep a goal in mind that helps you be consistent with your HIIT running.